Beach Wheelchair Program
- Important information
- Make a booking
- Wheelchair storeroom access process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Report damage to the Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair
- Other beach wheelchair locations
The City is proud to be supporting beach accessibility through its free Beach Wheelchair Program which enables people with mobility challenges to access our beautiful coastline at Quinns Beach.
The Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair is designed to be used on the sand, grass and pathways. For your safety the Sandcruiser® it cannot be submerged in the water.
Before making a booking, please view the documents below:
- Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair user manual
- Map showing location of Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair storage
The Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair is available for hire from October through to April each year. Bookings are essential prior to the day of use to ensure availability. Click below to use our online booking form:
Do you have a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK)?
- Use MLAK to open door of storage for the beach wheelchair - view map
- After use, clean the beach wheelchair thoroughly.
- Return the beach wheelchair to storage and ensure that the door is closed and locked securely.
- Collect key to storage from the Surf Life Saving Club Tower located on the beach - view map
- Use key to open door of storage for the beach wheelchair - view map
- Return the key to the Surf Life Saving Club Tower.
- When you have finished using the beach wheelchair, collect the key once more from the Surf Life Saving Club Tower.
- Clean the beach wheelchair thoroughly, and return to storage ensuring that the door is closed and locked securely.
- Return the key back to the Surf Life Saving Club Tower.
Find below a series of frequently asked questions.
No, this is a free program for the community to access, however bookings are required.
The beach wheelchair is located at the Quinns Community Centre for use at Quinns Beach - view map
No, the beach wheelchair can only be used at Quinns Beach.
No, the Sandcruiser® model is not designed to be submerged in water, and is for use on the sand at the beach to the water’s edge.
The beach wheelchair storeroom can be accessed by a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK). The MLAK system allows people with a disability to access dedicated public facilities. If you do not have a MLAK, you can collect one from the Quinns Mindarie Surf Life Saving Club tower on the day of your booking.
Yes, but please note that the beach matting only extends halfway down the sand.
There are two time slots available for bookings on available days during the booking season. However, people who would like it all day can book out both timeslots by submitting two booking forms.
You will receive a confirmation email containing your requested booking date and time, along with a copy of the site map.
No, anyone who would like to access Quinns Beach, and requires a beach wheelchair can hire it for use.
We value your feedback regarding our Beach Wheelchair Program. Please use the link below to contact us.
Please let us know if there are any damage or maintenance requirements for the beach wheelchair by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Click below to view beach wheelchair locations at othere Local Government areas.
Town of Cambridge
- City Beach
- 9347 6000
City of Cockburn
- Coogee Beach
- Ngarkal Beach
- 9494 1433
Town of Cottesloe
- Cottesloe Beach
- 9285 5000
City of Fremantle
- Leighton Beach
- South Beach
- 9432 9999
City of Joondalup
- Hillarys Boat Harbour Beach
- Mullaloo Beach
- Sorrento Beach
- 9400 4226
City of Rockingham
- Cockburn Sound
- Point Peron
- Rockingham Beach
- 9592 3464
City of South Perth
- Sir James Mitchell Parks' foreshore beach
- 9367 1699
City of Stirling
- Scarborough Beach
- 9205 7470
The City would like to thank the following organisations for their support with the Beach Wheelchair Program:
- Surf Life Saving WA
- Quinns Mindarie Surf Life Saving Club
For further information on the Beach Wheelchair Program please contact the Community Development team on 9405 5600 or email: email@example.com