On 12 June 2023, Council adopted proposed changes to its Local Planning Policy 5.3: East Wanneroo for the purposes of advertising.
The changes are proposed to ensure the coordinated planning and development of the area as intended by the East Wanneroo District Structure Plan.
The revised policy proposes the following key changes:
- Expanding the purpose of the policy to ensure that East Wanneroo is developed in a manner and standard which optimises community benefit;
- Inclusion of policy objectives to:
- Provide guidelines on road design and requirements for footpaths and shared paths;
- Provide details for landscaping standards and street tree selection and landscaping to be planted;
- Develop design standards for parkland links and public open space;
- Outline development standards for works within the public realm;
- Detail information to be submitted to support local structure plans; and
- Provide interpretation of the WAPC’s Liveable Neighbourhoods Operational Policy.
- Inclusion of a District Sense of Place Statement to guide Local Sense of Place Statements required to be provided with Local Structure Plans;
- Additional wording to ensure that where a Local Developer Contribution Plan is required as part of a Local Structure Plan, that it is prepared and adopted prior to any subdivision or development being approved
- List of information to be submitted with Local Structure Plans and Local Development Contribution Statements.
The draft revised Policy and other relevant information can be viewed at the Civic Centre, 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo or on the City website.
Comments on the draft revised Policy may be lodged via the online submission form on or before 28 July 2023.
Should you have any queries in relation to the proposed changes to the policy, please contact Pas Bracone on 9405 5512 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please note submissions should be lodged via the online submission form and not to this email address).