Rules of Engagement
- Keep comments specific to the project
- Use plain language, avoid acronyms and try to keep comments brief and concise
- Be positive and constructive
- Respect the views of others and never defame anyone or any organisation
- Consider the specific needs and interests of different groups and never comment on a person’s gender, race, culture, religion or age etc.
- Never include individual names or employees, participants or community members
- Don’t swear or be obscene
- Advertising and product or service marketing information is not permitted
- If you have any complaints or feedback on the City’s community engagement practices and/or our Your Say site, email our Engagement Advisor directly.
Moderation of posts
- All comments will be reviewed by City staff against the rules of engagement before publishing.
- Any inappropriate comments not complying with the rules will be declined.
- We will not edit any posts. If there are any major problems with the spelling, grammar or format we may not publish some posts.
- Where posts are not published, we may contact participants to make adjustments and reconsider publishing.
- If a participant repeatedly violates the rules, they may be temporarily or permanently suspended from Your Say – depending on the severity of the breach.