Earthquakes may happen at any time, without warning and cannot be stopped or kept under control.
Western Australia is rattled by an earthquake nearly every day. While we don't feel every small tremor, larger earthquakes are powerful enough to cause serious damage to buildings and roads, and put people at risk.
If you live in an area that has experienced earthquakes before, you are more at risk and should be prepared for it to happen again. The DFES Earthquake Fact Sheet contains information to help you create an earthquake plan with your family, so you'll be prepared and know what steps you can take to stay safe.
- DFES Earthquake Fact Sheet
- DFES Earthquake overview webpage
- Geoscience Australia
- Emergency WA warnings and incidents
Key contacts and warnings
- Life-threatening emergencies - 000
- SES - 132 500
- TV and radio - ABC Radio - 720AM
- Geoscience Australia within Australia - 1800 655 739
- DFES Information Line - 13 3337