Local Government Elections 2021 - candidate profiles
To view the profiles of candidates for the upcoming Local Government Election, please visit the Candidate Profiles webpage
Local Government Ordinary Election – Call for Nominations
Published Tuesday, 24th August 2021
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday, 16 October 2021 in the City of Wanneroo.
This election is to fill the following vacancies:
- Central Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- Central-East Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- Central-West Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- North Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- North-East Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- South Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
- South-West Ward - 1 Councillor - 4 year term
Nominations Open on Thursday, 2 September 2021
Nominations Close at 4:00 PM Thursday, 9 September 2021
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2:00pm and 4:00 PM Thursday, 9 September 2021 (close of nominations) at the City of Wanneroo, 23 Dundebar Road, WANNEROO.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. This form is available from the Returning Officer or the Western Australian Electoral Commission(www.elections.wa.gov.au);
- a single A4 page profile of not more than 800 characters (including spaces) containing information about the candidate;
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order);
- (optional) a recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate’s head, or head and shoulders; and
- every candidate must have completed the online course titled Induction for prospective candidates, available at www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au, prior to nominating.
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed via www.elections.wa.gov.au.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer, Kelly DANSIE on 0456 708 670 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.
More articles in the news archive.