Harvest & Vehicle Movement Ban - Wednesday 8 December
Published Wednesday, 8th December 2021
Please be advised the City's Chief Bush Fire Control Officer has declared a ban on the use or operation of engines, vehicles, plant or machinery from 6am until 6pm, Wednesday 8 December 2021.
Regulation 38A (Restricted and Prohibited Burning Times)
Use of engines, vehicles, plant or machinery likely to cause a bush fire (Commonly referred to as Harvest and Movement of Vehicles in paddocks bans).
Tyron McMahon, as authorised Chief Bush Fire Control Officer for the City of Wanneroo has declared a ban on the use or operation of engines, vehicles, plant or machinery from 6am until 6pm, Wednesday 8 December 2021 for the whole of the City of Wanneroo.
ACTIVITIES NOT PERMITTED DURING THE PERIOD OF THIS BAN
- Harvesting operations are not permitted;
- Any hot works (e.g. welding, grinding, cutting, heating etc) outside of a suitably enclosed area are not permitted, (note-these activities are not permitted during the term of any Total Fire Ban); and
- Use or operation of any engine, vehicle, plant, equipment or machinery in the area likely to cause a bush fire or contribute to the spread of a bush fire.
ACTIVITIES PERMITTED DURING THE PERIOD OF THIS BAN
- Movement of Vehicles on gazetted roads (as described in Bush Fires regulation 24A(1) and Road Traffic Act 1974 section 5.1);
- Movement of vehicles on a lane, driveway, yard or other area that provides access to, or a parking facility at, any residential, farming or business premises, if the area has been sufficiently cleared of inflammable material to prevent the escape of fire;
- Use or operation of a vehicle if it is for the prevention of an immediate and serious risk to the health or safety of a person or livestock, and only if all reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent the activity from creating a bush fire danger; and
- Use or operations of vehicles and undertaking of hot works by those persons holding a current Exemption under Bush Fires Act 1954 s. 22C (Exemption from Total Fire Bans).
Chief Bush Fire Control Officer - City of Wanneroo
More articles in the news archive.