Election Candidate Information Briefing webinar
Published Monday, 7th August 2023
Potential candidates for the upcoming Local Government Elections are invited to attend an Election Candidate Information Briefing Webinar on Monday 14 August 2023 at 6pm.
Representatives from the WA Local Government Association (WALGA), WA Electoral Commission (WAEC) and the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSCI) will share their knowledge and insights into being a Local Government Councillor for those interested in nominating.
Presenters and topics include:
- Local Government Minister David Michael – The importance of local government in Western Australia.
- WALGA President Karen Chappel – Why being a councillor is important in our communities.
- WA Electoral Commissioner Robert Kennedy and Manager Election Events Phil Richards – Process and key dates on running to become a local government councillor in 2023.
- WALGA representatives – The purpose of local government, the role of an elected member, conflicts of interest.
- Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries representative – The role of DLGSC as the regulator of the Local Government Act and Regulations and key compliance provisions for elected members and candidates, including Code of Conduct requirements.
Participants will be able to ask questions during the session or via email after the session.
Register for the Candidate Information webinar here.
The City will also be sharing further information for people considering becoming a candidate in the Local Government Ordinary Election for Wanneroo, to be held on Saturday, 21 October 2023. Details will be available in the coming weeks.
More articles in the news archive.