The City of Wanneroo has experienced a rapid rate of land development, which will continue into the foreseeable future. Along with significant population growth the City will face increased pressure for the provision of services to ensure the economic and social well-being of existing and future communities.
In developing areas, the City will work with the development industry to identify the type, nature, timing and cost of providing infrastructure and apportion these costs across fragmented landownership. In most cases, a Developer Contribution Plan (DCP) will be formulated and agreed, and applied as a condition of subdivision or development of the land.
The nature of the infrastructure of any infrastructure contribution area will vary depending upon the anticipated need and nexus of the infrastructure, the age of the contribution area and the timing for the provision of infrastructure within the area.
Prepared under Section 26 of the Planning and Development Act 2005 and State Planning Policy 3.6, 'Development Contributions for Infrastructure' , the City will prepare and implement developer contribution requirements through either direct negotiation with landowners or through the introduction of provisions into the Local Town Planning Scheme - District Planning Scheme Number 2 (DPS2).
The City of Wanneroo has numerous infrastructure contribution areas and is working with the development industry and landowners to develop new requirements for future urban areas.
Developer contribution schemes areas
- East Wanneroo Cells 1 - 9 Consolidated map
- East Wanneroo Cell 1 (Tapping/Ashby)
- East Wanneroo Cell 2 (Sinagra)
- East Wanneroo Cell 3 (Wanneroo)
- East Wanneroo Cell 4 (Hocking/Pearsall)
- East Wanneroo Cell 5 (Landsdale)
- East Wanneroo Cell 6 (Madeley/Pearsall)
- East Wanneroo Cell 7 (Wangara)
- East Wanneroo Cell 8 (Wangara)
- East Wanneroo Cell 9 (Landsdale)
- East Wanneroo Cell 9 (Landsdale) Cost Sharing Arrangements
- Yanchep/Two Rocks
- Berkley Road - Contact the City of Wanneroo for further information
Request advice or a quote on Developer contribution schemes
Before a subdivider or developer can make payment to satisfy their contribution obligations under the relevant contribution scheme area, the City is required to provide a quote on the contribution amount.
Please provide information relevant to the stage including a copy of the Deposited Plan or development approval using the quote form below.
Please forward any general enquiries or quote requests to:
City of Wanneroo 2016/2017 Financial Statements
Developer contribution schemes are maintained in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government (Financial Management) Regulations 1996 and are required to be audited and published on an annual basis. To view the City of Wanneroo audited financial statements (which include the scheme account) please click below.
Please go to the pages specified below for the relevant pages of the Financial Statement for each of the Developer Contribution Scheme areas:
- East Wanneroo Cell 1 (Tapping/Ashby) – pages 70/71
- East Wanneroo Cell 2 (Sinagra) – pages 71/72
- East Wanneroo Cell 3 (Wanneroo) – pages 72/73
- East Wanneroo Cell 4 (Hocking/Pearsall) – pages 73/74
- East Wanneroo Cell 5 (Landsdale) – pages 74/75
- East Wanneroo Cell 6 (Madeley/Pearsall) – pages 75/76
- East Wanneroo Cell 7 (Wangara) – pages 76/77
- East Wanneroo Cell 8 (Wangara) – pages 77/78
- East Wanneroo Cell 9 (Landsdale) – pages 78/79
- Alkimos/Eglinton – page 92
- Yanchep/Two Rocks – page 93
- Berkley Road – pages 79/80