Community Art Awards & Exhibition 2017
Below is a virtual tour of the 2017 Community Art Awards Exhibition
Click below to view the winners of this year's competition.
Saturday 13 May – Saturday 17 June 2017
Enquiries to Wanneroo Regional Museum on 9405 5920 or the Arts Development Officer 9405 5913 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Award entries are now closed. Thank you to everybody for the amazing response, we have reached full capacity for this year’s entries.
- Entries open for City of Wanneroo resident artists: Monday 6 February at 9am*
- Entries open for all artists who reside in Western Australia: Monday 13 February at 9am*
- Entries close: When 230 valid entries are received or Friday 7 April 2017 at 4pm
*On-line entry form, a digital photo of finished artwork and payment of $25 non-refundable entry fee are all required for an entry to be valid.
- Exhibition Opening Night: Friday 12 May 2017 (by invitation only)
- Exhibition open to the public:Saturday 13 May to Saturday 17 June 2017 (Open 10 to 4pm Monday to Saturday)
- Artwork Collection: Saturday 17 June 2017, 4.15pm to 7pm from Wanneroo Gallery or Monday 19 June 2017, 11am to 6pm from Wanneroo Gallery
- All artworks must be a single item and presented to exhibition standard (no diptyph or triptych).
- A D-ring and cord hanging assembly is mandatory.
- 2D works must not exceed 1.5m x 1.5m in any direction including frame. Weight must be 5 kgs or less.
- Sculptural works must not exceed 12 kgs in weight or 2 cubic metres in size (please discuss installation specifications with the Arts Development Officer prior to entry)
- All works entered must be original, less than 12 months old from the closing date, and not previously exhibited.
- All artists must be 16 years of age or older.
PLEASE READ THE FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
Please note new terms highlighted in yellow
Prizes and categories
$16,800 of prize money
- City of Wanneroo Open Award - $7,500 (acquisitive)
- Best City of Wanneroo - $2,000
- Highly Commended City of Wanneroo Resident - $1,000
- People's Choice - $600
- Painting - $1,400 winner & $500 highly commended
- Sculpture - $1,400 winner & $500 highly commended
- Works on paper - $1,400 winner & $500 highly commended
You must create an account with the City of Wanneroo to access the entry form. The form is open to City of Wanneroo resident artists from 9am Monday 6 February and to all WA resident artists from 9am Monday 13 February.
No entries will be accepted prior to these dates.
Alternatively, you can download the .PDF entry form below and pay by post or in person at the Wanneroo Regional Museum, 3 Rocca Way, Wanneroo. Both the entry form and payment must be received for your entry to be valid.
For more information, contact the Wanneroo Regional Museum on 9405 5920 or email: email@example.com