Libraries School Holiday Activities
Summer Reading Club A Roomful of Stories - all ages
Drop in sessions at all libraries from Thursday 2 January to Friday 31 January
Who needs a passport these holidays? Go on a story adventure at your library, your very own roomful of stories. Collect some fabulous giveaways and try out a different activity each week.
- Week One - Chapter One
Help build your own reading city with boxes and recycled materials.
- Week Two – Chapter Two
Go on a bear hunt through the library and join in a special story time.
- Week Three - Chapter Three
Get inspired at the discovery table.
- Week Four – Chapter Four
Boost your reading hours by watching Stories on Storybox on the big screen.
This summer the whole family is invited to join the club. Pick up a reading record and activity book and make your life better by getting involved in a Roomful of Stories.
Any adult or child that registers and completes our reading challenge before the end of January could win a Dymocks voucher! Click below to download the registration form.
Virtual Reality at the Library - ages 8+
Experience a whole new world at the library this summer. Wearing the wireless virtual reality headset, you can explore a shipwreck and sea creatures underwater, or concoct magic potions in a wizard’s cauldron.
- Tuesday 7 and Thursday 9 January at Wanneroo Library // sessions between 10am and 12noon
- Tuesday 14 and Thursday 16 January at Girrawheen Library // sessions between 10am and 12noon
- Tuesday 21 and Thursday 23 January at Clarkson Library // sessions between 10am and 12noon
- Tuesday 28 January at Yanchep/Two Rocks Library // sessions between 10am and 12noon
- Thursday 30 January at Alkimos Pop Up Library // sessions between 1pm and 3pm
Bear Hunt story sessions at Wanneroo Libraries - ages 3+
Are you ready for a story adventure at the Library with one of the best picture books ever? We’re not scared! to bring the classic story “We’re Going on a Bear Hunt” to life with a myriad of sensory activities. Explore the library to find extra bear characters and join in for some special craft and morning tea.