Community funding program
The City proudly provides opportunities for community groups and organisations to apply for funding support through the Community Funding Program.
The next community funding round will open at 9am on Tuesday 3 September 2019 for Category A, B and C funding (see descriptions below). This round closes at 4pm on Friday 18 October 2019 and is timed to support projects and events commencing from approximately February 2020 onwards.
To submit an application for this round of funding, applicants should:
- Read the Community Funding Guidelines.
- Consider all eligibility requirements. .
- If you meet eligibility requirements, please contact the Community Funding Officer, phone 9405 5951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain confirmation and discuss proceeding with your application. Part of the Community Funding Officer’s role is to assist applicants through the community funding application process and ensure each application is viable for selection.
Part of the Community Funding Officer’s role is to assist applicants through the community funding application process and ensure each application is viable for selection.
A small group information session will be available for eligible applicants upon discussion with the Community Funding Officer. This session will outline the community funding process and discuss the application form. Other small group sessions or one-to-one guidance can also be arranged.
Group Study Room, Wanneroo Library, Wanneroo Library and Cultural Centre, 3 Rocca Way, Wanneroo
Thursday 25 July 2019 // 5:30pm to 7pm
Register by midday Wednesday 24 July 2019:
Phone 9405 5951
Places are limited.
The application form can be viewed at any time by clicking on the link below however, on-line completion of the form cannot commence until the round opens.
Unsure about eligibility?
If you are unsure about eligibility, need assistance with developing your project/event idea or navigating the City of Wanneroo processes please contact the Community Development Team on 9405 5600 or email: email@example.com to introduce your community group and discuss any assistance required.
Available funding categories:
Category A - Community Development Funding
Projects and activities that contribute to the growth and enrichment of community life in the City of Wanneroo.
Twice a year in March and October
Category B - Community Event Funding
Community-based events developed and conducted across the City of Wanneroo
Twice a year in March and October
Category C - Hallmark Event Funding
Events that contribute to the City of Wanneroo’s history and identity. Events identified as ‘Hallmark’ include Australia Day, ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day.
Every 3 years (next consideration due in 2019 and will be considered annually in the October round pending completion of the Community Funding Policy review)
Category D - Christmas Community Celebration Event Funding
Events recognising the City of Wanneroo's commitment to support and celebrate the community.
Every 5 years (next consideration due in 2019 and will be considered annually in the March round pending completion of the Community Funding Policy review)
- 3 September 2019: Community Funding applications open.
- 18 October 2019: Community Funding applications close.
- 12 November 2019: Community Funding Working Group assessment and recommendation.
- 10 December 2019: Council approval of Community Funding applications.