Development Application (Planning)
Development Approval may be required prior to commencing or carrying out any development or use of land within the City of Wanneroo. The approval will also detail any conditions under which land or buildings can generally be used.
A wide variety of activities are classified as development including changing the use of a premise from one activity to another activity. It is important for these developments to have the correct approvals from your Local Government.
To find out what approvals are required by the City click below to view an A-Z list of development types.
Development Application Requirements
Mandatory Checklist Requirements - All applications must be accompanied by:
- Completed DA Checklist and Application for Approval to Commence Development Form;
- Metropolitan Region Scheme (MRS) Form 1;
- Completed Development Approval Owner Consent Form (only required when lodging online);
- Application Fee/s - Refer to the Planning Fee Schedule;
- Copy of Current Certificate of Title;
- Covering Letter Outlining the Proposal; and
- One (1) copy of site, floor, elevation and site feature survey plans drawn to scale.
You can lodge an application via our Online Lodgement Service.
Note the following applications are not accepted online:
- Extractive Industries
- Applications where proposed development is over $10 Million (Mandatory Form 1 Development Assessment Panel Application)
- Application where proposed development is between $2 Million and $10 Million and the applicant has elected for the Development Assessment Panel to determine the application.
You can lodge an application over the counter at the City of Wanneroo Civic Centre located at 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.
You can lodge an application via post to:
City of Wanneroo
Locked Bag 1
WANNEROO WA 6946
Development Assessment Panel
Find our more about the Development Assessment Panel.
Find our more about Bushfire Regulations.
The City will endeavour to assess your application as soon as possible. However, under the City's District Planning Scheme No. 2 (DPS 2), the City has 60 days in which to determine an application, or 90 days should the City advertise the application.
In addition to a development application being required, building and health permits may also need to be obtained prior to commencing works/ use. For further information please refer to the City's website for further information or contact the City on 9405 5000.
Should you require further assistance please please contact the City by either: