Update: 4 March 2022
The City of Wanneroo is temporarily suspending all work experience placements as we experience higher COVID caseloads in WA.
The health and safety of our community, visitors, staff, and volunteers is our top priority and we look forward to being able to welcome students for work experience again once COVID caseloads are at a safer level.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
If you would like to register your interest for work-based placement at the City once the program recommences, please email your expression of interest to email@example.com
The City of Wanneroo provides students with the support they may need to gain experience into the workforce. Students seeking a work experience placement must be completing an accredited course of study that requires the student to undertake a work-based placement as part of the course requirements.
The City will provide preference to students who reside in the City of Wanneroo.
Some considerations -
- All students must be registered with a recognised tertiary institution that covers them for all personal accident and public liability insurance.
- Applications for placements must be received 8 weeks prior to placement date.
- Availability of placements is dependent on resources available at the time of the application. This includes adequate and safe supervision.
- No placements will be accepted through external agencies.
- Only Registered Training Organisation, TAFE and University students will be accepted for placement.
- Vocational work experience positions are unpaid.
If you don't meet the requirements for a work experience placement, you may like to explore volunteering with the City of Wanneroo.