Organisations, clubs, or groups can request financial support on behalf of individuals who are participating in State, National or International events in the areas of sport, arts and culture e.g. sporting championships, tournaments, exhibitions and competitions.
Requests will be considered for State, National or International level participation as follows:
$100 per individual (capped at $600 per club, group or association)
$200 per individual (capped at $600 per team to a maximum of four teams per events)
$400 per individual (capped at $1,600 per team)
All requests are assessed against the City's Community Funding Policy.
Participants are eligible for funding if they are either;
- Aged 25 years and under;
- Aged 60 and over, or
- Are living with a disability (any age)
- Are a City of Wanneroo resident,
- Have not yet attended the event,
- Have not already received funding this financial year, and
- Have a selection letter inviting them to the event
- Applications must be submitted by the supporting organisation/group/club – not by the individual or parent. If you are a parent or individual seeking this funding, please speak with your supporting club and request they make an application.
- Applications must incorporate all eligible participants residing in the City of Wanneroo
- Selection letter/s inviting the individual or team to the event are required for all participants
- Participants are only eligible for funding once per financial year
- Applications must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the event as the City cannot fund retrospectively.
- If your application is approved, you will be required to provide photographs of the event and a brief report for the City’s records and promotional purposes before receiving your payment.
- Any variation of approved funding must be communicated to the City, noting that the full approval amount may change if all/some participants registered end up not attending the event, or if the event is cancelled or postponed.
Ready to apply?
Applications must be made via the City’s Online Funding Portal.
Supporting clubs, groups or organisations who have not previously applied for funding through our online application form will be required to register prior to proceeding with the application.