Calling all budding photographers and aspiring shutterbugs! This is your chance to showcase the City of Wanneroo and our most photogenic sights through your lens. The theme of this year’s photography competition is ‘Connected Communities’.
Apply using our online form.
Entrants are encouraged to put their unique spin on this theme; do you exercise at your local beach or take the dog for a walk at your favourite park? Do you enjoy celebrating our diverse community at neighbourhood events or honouring the past at one of our heritage-listed historic houses? Show us how you remain connected in your wonderful community.
The 14 best entries will feature in the City of Wanneroo’s 2023 community calendar.
Entries close 5pm, Friday 7 October 2022.
- Entrants may submit as many photographs as they wish, just submit a new entry for each photograph through the online form. Please note: While entrants may submit as many photographs as they wish, only one entry per entrant will be shortlisted.
- Photographs must be a minimum 2480 x 3508 pixels (print resolution) to be eligible for judging.
- Photographs can be black and white, or colour. Filters and framing can be used.
- Photographs must be original and photographed by the entrant and not infringe any party’s intellectual property rights.
- Photographs must be taken within the City of Wanneroo council area.
- Competition entries will give the City of Wanneroo automatic ownership of images that may be used in other promotional materials, with and without credit.
- Winning photographs will feature in the City’s 2023 community calendar (credited to the entrant as per details entered upon submission).
- All entrants must read and accept the City of Wanneroo 2022 Local Lens photography competition terms and conditions to be eligible.
- The promoter is the City of Wanneroo - Australian Business Number 64 295 981 165.
- Entrants using images containing people, including children, must provide a model release form for each person to be eligible. The model release form(s) must be provided in order to have images used for the purpose of the competition and subsequently by the City of Wanneroo. Model release forms for children must be signed by a parent or guardian. Model release forms are to be submitted for each entry.
- Elected Members, officers and employees of the City of Wanneroo and their immediate families are welcome to enter the competition.
- Entrants give the City of Wanneroo perpetual rights and ownership to use their photographs in other promotional materials, with and without credit.
- The City reserves the right to use the photographs for various media formats including, but not limited to advertisements, print media, websites and for exhibition purposes.
- Where possible, entrants will be credited with the photographs when they are used, however this is not guaranteed.
- The City of Wanneroo has no liability, in negligence or howsoever, for any accident, loss, illness, injury, damage, or inconvenience suffered by you or any individual or property arising out of or after entering the competition or collecting and using the prize.
When can I enter the competition?
Entries open Tuesday, August 16 at 9am and close at 5pm, Friday 7 October 2022.
Are there competition terms and conditions?
Yes, all entrants must read and accept the City of Wanneroo 2022 Local Lens photography competition terms and conditions to be eligible.
Is there a fee and who can enter?
There is no fee to enter the competition and anyone can enter! Everyone from professional photographers to amateur hobbyists are encouraged to get involved.
Do I have to live in the City of Wanneroo?
No, entrants do not have to be a resident of the City of Wanneroo. However, the photographs do need to be taken within the City of Wanneroo and must include a description stating the location where the photo was taken.
What are the judges looking for?
- The theme of this year’s competition is 'Connect Communities’. Entrants are encouraged to put their unique spin on this theme; do you exercise at your local beach or take the dog for a walk at your favourite park? Do you enjoy celebrating our diverse community at neighbourhood events or honouring the past at one of our heritage-listed historic houses? Show us how you remain connected to our wonderful community.
- Images that are uniquely and identifiably ‘Wanneroo’ and capture the local environment and lifestyle across a range of experiences including our community, nature, history, outback, adventure, beach and local produce.
- Creativity, something eye-catching or that something special.
- A technically good image (light, focus, composition etc.)
How many photos can I submit?
Entrants can submit as many photos as they like using the online form (one form per entry).
While entrants may submit as many photographs as they wish, only one entry per entrant will be shortlisted and subsequently included in the calendar.
Can I submit a photo with people in it?
Yes, however if the entry contains people, each person must sign the model release form which is to be uploaded with your submission. If those pictured are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian is required to sign the model release form on their behalf.
What are the prizes?
Winning entrants will have one (1) of their submitted photographs featured and credited in the City of Wanneroo’s 2023 community calendar.
When will I hear if I have won?
The judging process will take place during October 2022 and winners will be informed by email or phone soon after.