City recognised at global place awards
Published Tuesday, 18th October 2022
The City of Wanneroo is proud to be a finalist in the 2022 City Nation Place (CNP) Awards, which recognise organisations across the globe for strategic thinking, marketing and design for places.
The City has been nominated in the Best Citizen Engagement category for the Alkimos Aquatic and Recreation Centre (AARC) community engagement strategy, and is one of only two Australian organisations to have made the finals.
Using a range of engagement methods, including social media, an interactive digital mapping tool, and an advocacy campaign featuring Olympic swimmer Blair Evans, the AARC strategy yielded extremely positive results, including
- over 24,000 views on the website project page
- over 1,400 reactions, votes and comments via the City’s Your Say platform
- registrations of support from 2,000 individuals
- over 6,000 emails sent to local MPs, Senators and candidates to advocate for funding
- funding pledges from both major federal political parties.
Wanneroo Mayor Linda Aitken said the nomination was an incredible achievement for the City and a testament to the hard work of the Community Engagement team.
“Community consultation is key to everything we do as a City, and to receive international recognition for our efforts is just fantastic,” Mayor Aitken said.
The winners of the Awards will be announced at the City Nation Place Global conference in London on 10 November 2022.
More articles in the news archive.