Extractive Industry Licence Application - Lot 901 (150 Flynn Drive) Neerabup
Development Approval was previously granted by the City of Wanneroo to Carramar Resource Industries on 28 August 2015 and 22 December 2020, for Extractive Industry to be carried out on Lot 901 (150) Flynn Drive, Neerabup.
In accordance with the requirements of the City of Wanneroo’s Extractive Industries Local Law 1998, Carramar Resource Industries has also submitted an Extractive Industry Licence application to continue sand extraction on this land, which is now subject to public comment.
Key details of the works subject to the Extractive Industry Licence application are as follows:
- The duration of extraction is 20 years – however a time period up until July 2025 can only be considered at the present time for consistency with the development approvals;
- Approximately 250,000 tonnes of sand is extracted per year;
- Operating hours of 6:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday and 6:00am – 12:00pm on Saturday (excluding public holidays);
- Vehicle access to the subject lot is proposed to be from the existing access way which runs from Flynn Drive;
- It is expected that there will be approximately 100 vehicle movements per day;
- Continued use of the site office and other ancillary facilities already on the subject lot; and
- The pits to be refilled to support future industrial development of the site.
Note that there are other activities occurring on Lot 901 (such as waste processing and recycling), which are not subject to the Extractive Industry Licence application.
Submit your comments on this planning proposal using the online form below. You can attach additional information (plan, diagrams, photographs etc) via this form.
Please note that for your feedback to be considered, your full contact details must be provided. This information will be treated as confidential and will not be published or linked to your comments in any public report on the outcomes of the consultation. The City will advise you of the progress of this proposal using the details you provide.
Following the conclusion of the consultation period the application will then proceed to be determined by the City's Administration.