The City provides a 24/7 community safety service for our residents and the City's ranger patrols are a vital part of helping to make our community a safer place.
Rangers can provide advice and assistance in a number of ways:
- preventing and deterring people from littering and dumping rubbish
- reporting and preventing vandalism and theft to City property
- dog and cat registration and tips on how to look after your pets
- managing the Animal Care Centre
- returning lost pets to their owners, or finding new homes for stray animals
- dog beaches
- spear gun control
- reporting and removing abandoned vehicles
- patrols of City parks, reserves and buildings
- unauthorised signs in public areas
- unauthorised street and verge parking
- off road vehicle access areas
- working with Police and other agencies to report anti social or criminal behaviour.
If you have any safety concerns, please contact the City's Ranger and Safety Services on 9405 5000 during office hours.
After office hours, please contact us on 1300 138 393.
Police assistance is required for the following situations
- hooning and road policing
- antisocial behaviour
- alcohol and drug use/concerns
- CCTV on private property/privacy concerns
- registering a party
- noisy parties - after hours
- neighbour disputes
- burglary / robbery
- domestic violence.