Local Heritage Survey (LHS)
Formally known as a Municipal Heritage Inventory (MHI)
Under section 45 of the Heritage Act 1990 (WA), the City of Wanneroo is required to prepare and maintain a record of locally significant heritage places.
Some places retain more heritage value than others. To recognise the variance in heritage value, places are assigned a management category ranging from 1A to 4:
- Category 1A - Listed on the State Register of Heritage Places
- Category 1 - Provides the highest level of local government protection
- Category 2 - Provides a high level of local government protection
- Category 3 - Provides maximum encouragement for conservation
- Category 4 - Provides recognition of heritage value and encourages conservation
A copy of the City's Local Heritage Survey is available for public viewing during opening hours (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) at the City's administration office at 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo.