Christmas event funding
The City is currently taking funding applications for 2023 Christmas Events. Events should be co-funded and benefit the wider community, providing opportunities for the local community to come together to learn, celebrate and strengthen local connections.
Applications are now open and close 17 September 2023 at 11pm.
Applications will be assessed against the Community Grants Eligibility & Assessment Criteria and the geographical spread of projects and funding will also be taken into consideration. Applications are capped at $5,000.
- All events taking place are required to submit an Event Notification prior to the funding application.
- If you plan to use a City venue, you are also required to make a tentative booking prior to the funding application.
- If you are an unincorporated community group, individual or business with a Christmas project in mind – please speak to the Community Development team on (08) 9405 5600 or email: email@example.com about what’s available.
- Please get in touch with the City’s Community Development team on (08) 9405 5600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project prior to applying for funding. The team can provide guidance on how to submit a high-quality application, confirm eligibility of your project, and provide you with the application questions so you can plan your responses.
- Application outcomes will be provided by 13 October 2023.
Ready to apply?
Register for an online account on the City’s Online Funding Portal and begin your application. You should answer all the application questions with enough detail and consideration given to the Community Grants Eligibility & Assessment Criteria.
If you have not applied for funding through our online portal previously, you will be required to register as a user and then also register your organisation/group prior to proceeding with the application