How to apply to hold a Public Community Event
STEP ONE - EVENT NOTIFICATION
- Submit your event idea or concept plan to the City for review by completing a short Event Notification Form.
- The City will review your Event Notification Form. You will receive a response within 7 business days (note - this may take longer if the City is required to contact you to obtain further information).
- Once your Event Notification Form has been approved, if necessary, you will be invited to complete the full Event Application Form. You should receive a link to your form from the City via email.
STEP TWO - EVENT APPLICATION
- You must submit your Event Application Form at least EIGHT (8) WEEKS prior to the proposed date of the event
- Remember to use all the information on the City’s website to assist you in completing the form in full. Make sure all sections are completed and all relevant documents are attached before submitting. Failure to comply with the application advice may result in processing delays or rejection of your application.
- If you need any assistance with completing your online application please contact the City on 9405 5000 or drop into your local library or community centre.
STEP THREE - EVENT ASSESSMENT
- Your application will be reviewed by the City’s appropriate approval departments and you should receive an outcome within 15 business days.
- If additional information is required, the City may contact you to request further evidence to support your application.
- Event organisers are responsible for compliance with relevant legislation and other approvals.
STEP FOUR - EVENT APPROVAL
- Once you have received your official event approval notice, you can proceed with your event.
- Please make sure you have all relevant documents, approvals and licences with you on site on event day. A City Environmental Health Officer may attend your event to ensure compliance.
- Your event may be reviewed in accordance with the City's audit and compliance process. This allows refunds of bonds and other payments.