Public Community Event - Seating Requirements
There are no legislative requirements to supply seating for patrons at an event, however it is recommended that there is a seating area or rest area provided.
If the event is proposing seating, then keep the following requirements for seating arrangements in mind when designing your event:
- The minimum distance between rows of seats is 300mm.
- There shall be no more than 10 seats in a dead end row and no more than 17 seats in rows between aisles.
- If the distance between rows is increased to more than 500 mm then the length of rows between aisles can be increased.
- Aisles must be no less than one meter wide.
- The sides and rear of raised seating areas must be bounded by guardrails that shall be securely fixed.