The City has received $1,973,047 in funding under the Australian Government’s Local Roads & Community Infrastructure Program. The program is designed to support local councils to deliver priority road and community infrastructure projects across Australia, supporting jobs and the resilience of local economies to assist communities to bounce back in the recovery phases of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City has identified 13 key priorities based on community benefit and will be investing the funding across projects addressing accessibility upgrades at public facilities and amenities, new pathways, landscaping and tree planting, reserve upgrades including parking, lighting and playground enhancements and accessibility upgrades at public facilities.
The Australian Government has announced an extension to the program with an additional $1.0B funding to be made available nationwide. Pending detailed guidelines, the City administration is assessing eligible projects, for presentation to Council in the coming months.
- Banksia Grove - Retreat Green & Viridian Drive new footpath (LRCIP)
- Darch - Belvoir Parkway new footpath (LRCIP)
- Darch/Madeley - Hepburn Avenue roundabout landscaping works (LRCIP)
- Madeley - Kingsway Olympic Soccer Club accessibility upgrades (LRCIP)
- Marangaroo - Paloma Park upgrade sports floodlighting (LRCIP)
- Mindarie - Duncannon Rise new footpath (LRCIP)
- Various Locations - Tree planting (LRCIP)
- Wanneroo - Aquamotion new accessibility 'pool pod' into main pool (LRCIP)
- Wanneroo - Edgar Griffiths Park new car park (LRCIP)
- Wanneroo - Vincent Road and Garden Park Drive new footpath (LRCIP)
- Yanchep - Newman Park upgrade playground (LRCIP)
- Yanchep - Splendid Park new toilet block at netball courts (LRCIP)
- Yanchep and Quinns Rocks - New wheelchair beach access matting (LRCIP)